Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 72 | 7 - 20 January 2019
- Ethiopia – Inter-communal fighting in South Sudanese refugee camps (DG ECHO, DG ECHO partners) (ECHO Daily Flash of 21 January 2019)
- U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants Applauds Ethiopia’s New Refugee Law
Geneva, 29 November 2000
Geneva- New York, 22 November (OCHA) On 28 November, Secretary-General Kofi Annan will launch appeals for 19 humanitarian crises, calling on the international community to provide $2 billion in contributions to sustain the lives of more than 35 million people during the course of 2001. The Global Launch of the Consolidated Inter-Agency Appeals will be held from 11 a.m to 1 p.m at ECOSOC Chamber at United Nations Headquarters in New York. The event, which will be chaired by Ms.
NEW YORK, 7 November (IRIN) - Peter van Walsum is the Dutch ambassador to the United Nations. In an interview with IRIN he explained why the Netherlands wanted to draw attention to humanitarian issues during its presidency of the Security Council in November.
"We lived with the times", the High Commissioner for Refugees told the Third Committee (Social, Humanitarian and Cultural) this morning as it met to take up issues related to refugees, including the High Commissioner's report. Sadaka Ogata was describing the legacy of her Office during her 10-year stewardship, saying that despite the challenges, "we always tried to be on the ground with the people in need".
Press Release GA/SHC/3617