Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 13: September - October 2018
- Eritrea-Ethiopia peace leads to a refugee surge
- Ethiopia Food Security Outlook, October 2018 to May 2019
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Afar Region, Round 13: September/October 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
Main event: ‘A Global Call for Support and Action: Responding to El Niño’
Panel: OCHA, CARE, IFRC, UNDP, AU Commission, RC/HC Ethiopia
This was the sixth significant Member States briefing on El Niño since October 2015. More than 45 Member States and over 200 humanitarian and development partners participated.
Lessons by Partners for Resilience: moving from output to impact
by Juriaan Lahr, Head of International Assistance, Netherlands Red Cross
The Partners for Resilience (PfR) alliance has been working since 2011 to reduce the impact of natural hazards on vulnerable people in nine countries: Ethiopia, Guatemala, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mali, Nicaragua, the Philippines and Uganda.
We are the Netherlands Red Cross, CARE Nederland, Cordaid, the Red Cross Red Crescent Climate Centre, Wetlands International and our many local partners.