Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #10 – Reporting Period: October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15 - 28 October 2018
- The food security situation in Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya and Somalia is acute and deteriorating. The crop harvest of the main season is about 15 per cent lower than the historical average. This comes on the back of more than three consecutive droughts which have decimated crop production and pasture in most arid and semi-arid areas. The overall situation is further aggravated by growing conflicts. The number of affected people is estimated at more than 20 million.
- Global Acute Malnutrition (GAM) rates are increasing, reaching alarming levels.
New York - The Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme, James T. Morris, today warned the UN Security Council of an unprecedented hunger crisis in Africa, where at least 38 million people are at risk.