Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia: West Guji Zone - Ongoing Humanitarian Activities Overview (as of 15 Sep 2018)
- Ethiopia: Mass arbitrary arrests and detentions of youth threaten a new era of human rights gains
United Nations Foundation's Girl Up campaign encourages American girls to raise awareness and funds for United Nations programs that help the world's hardest-to-reach adolescent girls
New York, NY (September 30, 2010) - The United Nations Foundation is launching its newest campaign - Girl Up - which encourages American girls to channel their energy and compassion to raise awareness and funds for their counterparts in the developing world. Girl Up will raise awareness about the 600 million adolescent girls living in developing countries and encourages American girls to give …
This report covers the period 1 January 2010 to 30 June 2010.
Programme outcome: To increase the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Society (IFRC) capacity to assist National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies reduce the number of deaths, injuries and the impact of disasters through the timely and adequate financial support for disaster response from the DREF.
Programme(s) summary: At 30 June 2010, IFRC had made 73 allocations from the DREF to support 67 different operations for a total of 11,285,280 Swiss francs bringing assistance to over …
The Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) monitors and reports staple food prices in cities and towns in food-insecure countries. The Price Watch presents a summary of key trends in selected markets. Prices for all commodities and markets monitored are available in the Price Watch Annex.
Press Office: 202-712-4320
Public Information: 202-712-4810
PROJECTED FOOD ASSISTANCE NEEDS FOR SEPTEMBER 2010
This section summarizes FEWS NET's most forward-looking analysis of projected external emergency food assistance needs, six months from now, in countries where FEWS NET has a staff presence. Those needs are compared to typical needs at this time of year during the last five years and categorized as Above-average, Average, and Below-average/No need. For more detail on these projections, please visit www.fews.net.
United States Government Accountability Office
Report to Congressional Committees
GLOBAL FOOD SECURITY
Highlights of GAO-10-352, a report to congressional committees
What GAO Found
The U.S. government supports a wide variety of programs and activities for global food security, but lacks readily available comprehensive data on funding. In response to GAO's data collection instrument to 10 agencies, 7 agencies reported funding for global food security in fiscal year 2008 (see figure below) based on the working definition GAO developed for this purpose with agency input.