Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Mass Arrests, ‘Brainwashing’ Threaten Ethiopia’s Reform Agenda
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
This website allows you to explore how different scenarios of global greenhouse gas emissions and adaptation to climate change could change the geography of food insecurity in developing and least-developed countries. By altering the levels of future global greenhouse gas emissions and/or the levels of adaptation, you can see how vulnerability to food insecurity changes over time, and compare and contrast these different future scenarios with each other and the present day.
Dans le cadre du Programme d'intervention en réponse à la crise alimentaire mondiale (GFRP), le Groupe de la Banque mondiale a lancé un mécanisme de financement rapide afin d'accélérer les apports d'aide aux pays qui en ont le plus besoin. La réponse de la Banque s'est faite en articulation avec l'Equipe spéciale de haut niveau des nations Unies (HTLF) sur la sécurité alimentaire. La Banque soutient ainsi la mise en place du Cadre d'action global (CAG).
- Le GFRP est aujourd'hui doté de 2 milliard de dollars.
(updated September 2, 2009)
In response to the severity of the food crisis and the need for prompt action, the World Bank Group set up the Global Food Crisis Response Program (GFRP) in May 2008 to provide immediate relief to countries hard hit by food high prices. The Bank response has been articulated in coordination with the United Nations' High-Level Task Force on food security.
This week 's report covers the following sectors/countries:
Fifty-ninth General Assembly
51st & 52nd Meetings (AM & PM)
With the number of complex emergencies on the rise worldwide, the United Nations General Assembly today tackled one of the international community’s toughest emerging challenges: the need to safeguard the well-being of civilians, ensure the security of relief workers, and promote recovery and development while providing overall assistance in a manner consistent with humanitarian principles.
(B) Middle East, Central Asia and Eastern Europe: (1) Afghanistan, (2) Iran, (3) Iraq
(C) East and Central Africa: (1) Regional, (2) Burundi, (3) DR Congo, (4) Djibouti, (5) Ethiopia, (6) Kenya, (7) Rwanda, (8) Somalia, (9) Sudan, (10) Uganda
(D) West Africa: (1) Sahel region, (2) Chad, (3) Cote d'Ivoire, (4) Liberia
(E) Southern Africa: (1) Regional, (2) Angola, (3) Lesotho, (4) Madagascar, (5) Malawi, (6) Mozambique, (7) Swaziland, (8) Zambia, (9) Zimbabwe
(F) Asia: (1) DPR Korea
(B) Middle East, Central Asia and Eastern Europe: (1) Afghanistan, (2) Russian Federation
(C) East and Central Africa: (1) Burundi, (2) DR Congo, (3) Djibouti, (4) Eritrea, (5) Ethiopia, (6) Rwanda, (7) Somalia, (8) Sudan, (9) Uganda
(D) West Africa: (1) Sahel region (2) Chad, (3) Cote d'Ivoire, (4) Liberia
(E) Southern Africa: (1) Regional, (2) Angola, (3) Lesotho, (4) Madagascar, (5) Malawi, (6) Mozambique, (7) Namibia, (8) Swaziland, (9) Zambia, (10) Zimbabwe
(F) Asia: (1) DPR Korea, (2) Indonesia