Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Refugee Girls Gain from Effort to Teach Life Skills
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopian Peacekeeping Mission in Abyei Called as Successful, MoFA
- Gov’t, ONLF Sign Peace Deal
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
The map below shows asylum applications by under age 18 year olds and gender. Darker colours mean more people have applied in a certain country. Use the slider to select a year or the drop down menus below to display data for different age groups or different home countries.
Dans le cadre du Programme d'intervention en réponse à la crise alimentaire mondiale (GFRP), le Groupe de la Banque mondiale a lancé un mécanisme de financement rapide afin d'accélérer les apports d'aide aux pays qui en ont le plus besoin. La réponse de la Banque s'est faite en articulation avec l'Equipe spéciale de haut niveau des nations Unies (HTLF) sur la sécurité alimentaire. La Banque soutient ainsi la mise en place du Cadre d'action global (CAG).
- Le GFRP est aujourd'hui doté de 2 milliard de dollars.
(updated September 2, 2009)
In response to the severity of the food crisis and the need for prompt action, the World Bank Group set up the Global Food Crisis Response Program (GFRP) in May 2008 to provide immediate relief to countries hard hit by food high prices. The Bank response has been articulated in coordination with the United Nations' High-Level Task Force on food security.
DISCLAIMER: The following is a non-exhaustive selection of health-related events For a list of acronyms, please see the last page of this and WHO actions undertaken during the stated period in specific countries in update. which populations are experiencing crisis conditions. This has been compiled by WHO/Health Action in Crises (HAC/HQ), in consultation with relevant Country and Regional Offices.
(B) Middle East, Central Asia and Eastern Europe: (1) Afghanistan, (2) Iran
(C) East and Central Africa: (1) Burundi, (2) DR Congo, (3) Djibouti, (4) Eritrea, (5) Ethiopia, (6) Kenya, (7) Rwanda, (8) Somalia, (9) Sudan, (10) Tanzania, (11) Uganda
(D) West Africa: (1) Sahel region, (2) Chad, (3) Cote d'Ivoire, (4) Guinea, (5) Liberia, (6) Sierra Leone
(E) Southern Africa: (1) Regional, (2) Angola, (3) Lesotho, (4) Madagascar, (5) Malawi, (6) Mozambique, (7) Namibia, (8) Swaziland, (9) Zambia
(B) Middle East, Central Asia and Eastern Europe: (1) Afghanistan, (2) Russian Federation
(C) East and Central Africa: (1) Burundi, (2) DR Congo, (3) Djibouti, (4) Eritrea, (5) Ethiopia, (6) Rwanda, (7) Somalia, (8) Sudan, (9) Uganda
(D) West Africa: (1) Sahel region (2) Chad, (3) Cote d'Ivoire, (4) Liberia
(E) Southern Africa: (1) Regional, (2) Angola, (3) Lesotho, (4) Madagascar, (5) Malawi, (6) Mozambique, (7) Namibia, (8) Swaziland, (9) Zambia, (10) Zimbabwe
(F) Asia: (1) DPR Korea, (2) Indonesia