Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- UN Entities Support Ethiopia’s Quest for Policy Coherence for SDGs
- Ethiopia: 3W - Agriculture Cluster Ongoing Activities Map (as of November 2018)
- Ethiopia: 3W - WASH Cluster Ongoing and Planned Activities map (as of November 2018)
- 489 Outbreak news – Cholera, Haiti – update
- 490 Monitoring progress towards measles elimination
- 495 Monthly report on dracunculiasis cases, January–September 2010
- 489 Le point sur les épidémies – Choléra, Haïti – mise à jour
- 490 Suivi des progrès accomplis en vue d’éliminer la rougeole
- 495 Rapport mensuel des cas de dracunculose, janvier-septembre 2010
From January to the end of September 2010, CERF has allocated over $372 million, more than the historical annual average of $355 million. During the third quarter of 2010, CERF allocated $90 million. Given funding levels of previous years, CERF disbursements for 2010 will likely pass the $400 million mark by the end of the year.
The second round of underfunded allocations for 2010 has been completed.
Authors: Steve Wiggins, Julia Compton and Sharada Keats
The issue of rising food prices came to international attention in early 2008. This document answers the following questions about the crisis and responses to it:
- What has happened to food prices and why?
- Why are food prices important & where can we find them?
- How have countries and the international community responded?
- The future
This report covers the period 1 January 2010 to 30 June 2010.
Programme outcome: To increase the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Society (IFRC) capacity to assist National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies reduce the number of deaths, injuries and the impact of disasters through the timely and adequate financial support for disaster response from the DREF.
Programme(s) summary: At 30 June 2010, IFRC had made 73 allocations from the DREF to support 67 different operations for a total of 11,285,280 Swiss francs bringing assistance to over …
Period covered by this Final Report:
14 December 2009 - 29 February 2010
Summary: In 2009, there were 1,606 cases of wild poliovirus (WPV) reported globally (as of 10 March 2010); 738 of these cases were in Africa. The year proved to be challenging for the polio eradication effort, with outbreaks reported across a number of African countries.
JOHANNESBOURG, 22 juin 2010 (IRIN) - Selon un article de l'Institut international de recherche sur les politiques alimentaires (IFPRI), un groupe de réflexion basé aux états-Unis, « L'Afrique doit aujourd'hui faire face au problème du déficit en nourriture à long terme qu'a rencontré l'Inde au début des années 1960 ».
=C0 cette époque, l'Inde a effet été confrontée à une grave crise alimentaire.
D'après un article consacré aux tendances dans le domaine des dépenses publiques consacrées à l'agriculture en Afrique, les pays africains n'allouent pas …
Poliomyelitis in TajikistanCupdate
As of 29 April 2010, the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Tajikistan had reported 171 cases of acute flaccid paralysis (AFP), including 12 deaths, since January 2010. Of these cases, 32 have been confirmed as wild poliovirus type 1; results are pending for the remaining cases.
DAKAR, 22 February 2010 (IRIN) - A meningitis epidemic has struck earlier than usual and is spreading across sub-Saharan Africa's "meningitis belt" from Senegal to Ethiopia, according to health ministries in the region. The disease occurs during the dry season, with most cases reported in mid-April.