Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Roads to peace: EU supports reconnecting Eritrea and Ethiopia
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- WFP resumes food distributions in Ethiopia’s Dawa Zone
- Ethiopia: Humanitarian Response Situation Report No. 20 (January 2019)
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
Despite a wide range of tools available to the United Nations in the areas of preventive diplomacy, peacemaking and peacebuilding, a new United Nations report calls for measures to boost the world body's capacity to prevent conflicts.
Citing a "considerable gap" between rhetoric surrounding prevention and the use of measures towards that end, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon states that "the overriding challenge for the international community remains the development of more effective …
Despite urgent appeals United Nations agencies are facing a huge shortfall in funding to help well over a million flood victims across a wide swath of sub-Saharan Africa, from Ghana in the West to Ethiopia in the east, as they face food shortages, loss of crops and even the dangers of landmines from recent conflicts dislodged by the raging waters.
Of nearly $85 million sought recently for just Uganda and Sudan, only about $1 million has been forthcoming.
The UN Children's Fund (UNICEF) voiced deep concern over the situation of some 300,000 people in northern Uganda, the vast …