Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Tigray Region, Round 14: November – December 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
- Ethiopia: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Somali Region, Round 14: November/December 2018 - Summary of Key Findings
- Operational Plan for Rapid Response: Internal Displacement around Kamashi and Assosa (Benishangul Gumuz) and East and West Wollega (Oromia), 26 December 2018
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Ethiopia - Round 14: November - December 2018
- Teaching science and hope in an Ethiopian refugee camp
Senator the Hon Brett Mason farewelled 116 volunteers soon to depart to developing countries, during a reception at Old Parliament House this week.
The group was in Canberra to undergo training and make final preparations for their volunteering assignments.
The volunteers will be placed with host organisations for a period of 12 months to 2 years, and will assist with projects ranging from surf lifesaving training to providing advice in the use of Geographic Information Systems.
AA 07 79
The Australian Government has announced plans to provide urgently needed food, blankets, shelter and clean water to victims of the flood crisis in Africa.
Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Foreign Affairs Greg Hunt said Australia would give $1.5 million to help aid agencies on the ground to deliver essential needs.
"We are extremely concerned by the loss of life and devastation caused by flooding which has spread across west, central and east Africa," Mr Hunt said.
"The worst floods in decades have displaced well over a million people in 17 …