Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #10 – Reporting Period: October 2018
- Ethiopia - Council conclusions (19 November 2018)
- Ethiopia to vaccinate more than 1 million people against yellow fever
Study suggests biopesticides should be trialled to control plague of caterpillars that’s destroying crops across the continent
Experts have identified safer, effective pesticides they believe can control a plague of caterpillars that is devastating crops across Africa.
Researchers collaborate with health officials to plan vaccination campaigns after discovering how to predict seasonal outbreaks.
Read the full report on the Guardian.
EU finds poor maintenance by recipient countries is leaving roads in ruin, jeopardising work to reduce poverty and hunger
The EU has spent billions of euros to build roads in sub-Saharan Africa that are left to deteriorate because of poor maintenance, the European Court of Auditors said on Tuesday.
Africa's leaders have been criticised for their slow response to drought warnings, but private donations win praise
Months before the UN officially declared famine in Somalia, on 20 July, much of the eastern African press was already reporting looming drought and growing food insecurity. Now, the failure of government to respond to warning signs has become a dominant theme.
Read the full article in the Guardian.