Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- WFP Ethiopia: Food and Nutrition Assistance to Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in East and West Hararghe zones - September 2018
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
While there is room for disagreement about migration policy, the humanitarian imperative means that we must never needlessly sacrifice the survival and dignity of any vulnerable people, including migrants.
This report covers the period 01/01/2011 to 31/12/2011.
In brief Examples of the CBF impact (more in annex):
Red Cross society of China, Hennan Province
After only two years of implementation of Intensified Capacity Building (ICB) in Hennan Province, the branch has recorded impressive achievements:
• The new structure benefitted 7,000 people through sustainable services
• Grassroots Red Cross organisations have increased from 90 to 3,100
• The number of volunteers increased from 10,000 to 30,000, and staff from 100 to 8,000
This report covers the period 1 January 2010 to 30 June 2010.
Programme outcome: To increase the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Society (IFRC) capacity to assist National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies reduce the number of deaths, injuries and the impact of disasters through the timely and adequate financial support for disaster response from the DREF.
Programme(s) summary: At 30 June 2010, IFRC had made 73 allocations from the DREF to support 67 different operations for a total of 11,285,280 Swiss francs bringing assistance to over …
Period covered by this Final Report:
14 December 2009 - 29 February 2010
Summary: In 2009, there were 1,606 cases of wild poliovirus (WPV) reported globally (as of 10 March 2010); 738 of these cases were in Africa. The year proved to be challenging for the polio eradication effort, with outbreaks reported across a number of African countries.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is launching an emergency appeal for 2.4 million Swiss francs (US$ 2.1 million, EUR 1.6 million) to support Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies from 14 countries in Africa to respond to wild poliovirus outbreaks across the continent.
"We have clear indications that polio is spreading again, including in countries such as Uganda which had been polio-free for more than a decade," says Dr Tammam Aloudat, IFRC Senior …
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is launching meningitis prevention activities in 14 countries in Africa to get ready for what could be one of the worst meningitis epidemics in a decade. The move came as a reaction to the warning given by the World Health Organization on October 9.
The first indications of an epidemic could appear as early as February-March 2008.
La Fédération Internationale des Sociétés de la Croix-Rouge et du Croissant-Rouge lance une série d'activités de prévention à la méningite dans 14 pays d'Afrique afin de se préparer à ce qui pourrait être l'une des pires épidémies de méningite des dix dernières années. Ces actions répondent à la mise en garde lancée le 9 octobre dernier par l'Organisation mondiale de la Santé.
Les premiers signes d'une épidémie pourraient se manifester dès février-mars 2008.