Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- Ethiopia | Internal displacement (December 2018) – DG ECHO Daily Map | 22/01/2019
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 72 | 7 - 20 January 2019
- Ethiopia – Inter-communal fighting in South Sudanese refugee camps (DG ECHO, DG ECHO partners) (ECHO Daily Flash of 21 January 2019)
ADDIS ABABA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has today received confirmation of a contribution of €4 million (more than US$4.3 million) from the Federal Republic of Germany towards the food needs of refugees sheltered in Ethiopia.
The new funding will help WFP to provide monthly food rations and cash-based transfers for more than 600,000 refugees from Eritrea, South Sudan and Somalia for the rest of 2016 and for the next two years.
KHARTOUM – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today welcomed a contribution of €10 million (approximately US$11.1 million) from the Government of Germany to support nearly 350,000 people in the eastern Sudan state of Kassala.
WFP will use the funds to provide food assistance to more than 88,400 refugees, migrants and asylum seekers from Eritrea, Ethiopia and Somalia as well as members of their host communities, through general food distributions and food vouchers for one year.