Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Mass Arrests, ‘Brainwashing’ Threaten Ethiopia’s Reform Agenda
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
• Germany contributes US$17.7 million to the Ethiopia Humanitarian Fund making it the largest contributor to the Fund in 2017
• Localized flooding due to heavy summer/kiremt rains projected to affect 1.5 million people, nearly 500,000 people likely to be displaced
• Fall Armyworm infestation is spreading to more woredas across six regions.
The year 2015 marked the 10th anniversary of the Global Shelter Cluster, the inter-agency coordination mechanism for shelter response. During these ten years, coordination has improved in consistency, shelter responses have grown in scale, and there are more people with experience in shelter programming, but people continue to lose their dwellings and be displaced due to conflict and natural disasters. Global humanitarian shelter needs continue to greatly exceed the capacity and resources to respond.
- Recent floods in Somalia's central Hiran region bordering Ethiopia has caused displacement and created urgent humanitarian needs. At least 70 000 people have been displaced around the town of Beletweyne alone.
- The community-led early warning system worked well with only three reported deaths in Beletweyne so far. However, the town centre is completely flooded, including a hospital, schools and other infrastructure.
- There were already approx.
Refugee emergency in Europe: UNHCR appeals for USD 128 million