Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- Ethiopia: Some 1,786 Displaced Persons Return Home
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Countries from IGAD team up to end polio: The three Ministers of Health jointly launch to vaccinate about six million under-five children
- Ethiopia: West Guji Zone - Ongoing Humanitarian Activities Overview (as of 15 Sep 2018)
Addis Ababa July 15/2016 A 3.8-million Euro project that supports responsible agricultural investment in Ethiopia was launched today.
Financed by European Union (EU) and the government of Germany, the project will be implemented by the Ethiopian Agricultural Investment Land Administration Agency and the Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources (MoANR), according to the website of EU.
In a statement released on Sunday (February), the German Embassy in Addis Ababa disclosed that Germany is offering further support for three new humanitarian projects in Ethiopia amounting to US$3.44 million.
Germany commits 750,000 Euros for the purpose of helping hundreds of thousands of refugees hosted in Ethiopia, announced the German Embassy to the press on August 22, 2015). In a statement released by the German Embassy, the donation would support relief operations by the World Food Program (WFP), which had been facing shortage of funds. It is announced that the funds will help ease food insecurity and reduce malnutrition rates, particularly among South Sudanese refugees, who continue to arrive in Ethiopia in large numbers, to improve their overall deprived health condition.
Addis Ababa May 9/2013 Germany will further strengthen ongoing support through knowledge and technology transfer towards growth of Ethiopia's agricultural productivity, the Federal Minister of Agriculture of Germany, llse Aigner said.
A German-Ethiopian advanced training center with the Kulumsa Agricultural Research Center was inaugurated by Aigner and Agriculture State Minister Wondyirad Mandefro. The government of Germany allocated 2.7 million Euro budget for the center.
GinaAger Town February 18/2013. Safe water project constructed in GinaAger Town, North Shoa Zone of Amhara State by Menschen für Menschen, a humanitarian organization, with over 7.2 million Birr was inaugurated over the weekend. Zonal Chief, Eshete Asfaw and Ambassador of Germany to Ethiopia, Lieselore Cyrus inaugurated the facility constructed with the financial support of the government of Germany and also with participation of the public.
International donors have pledged over US$450 million to support an African force to fight Islamist militants in northern Mali. The pledges came at a donors conference held Tuesday (January 30th) in Addis Ababa to raise funds and logistics support for the African-led International Support Mission to Mali (AFISMA). Prior to the donors' conference, the AU's new chairperson, Ethiopian Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn, announced the AU Assembly's pledge to help stabilize Mali.
Addis Ababa January 10/2013 Germany has made available in 2012 additional 41.5 million Euro for the areas of food security, drought resilience and participatory forest management in Ethiopia, Embassy of Germany here said. According to a statement the Embassy sent to ENA, in addition one million Euro humanitarian assistance has been provided in the area of food assistance to Somali, Eritrean and Sudanese refugees in Ethiopia. The statement said the fund will be implemented by German and international development agencies.