Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- The Crisis Below the Headlines: Conflict Displacement in Ethiopia
- Ethiopia - Council conclusions (19 November 2018)
- World Vision East Africa Region Situation Report | October 1 - October 31, 2018
- President’s Malaria Initiative: Ethiopia - Malaria Operational Plan FY 2019
• Germany contributes US$17.7 million to the Ethiopia Humanitarian Fund making it the largest contributor to the Fund in 2017
• Localized flooding due to heavy summer/kiremt rains projected to affect 1.5 million people, nearly 500,000 people likely to be displaced
• Fall Armyworm infestation is spreading to more woredas across six regions.
• Close to 37,000 Eritrean asylum seekers arrived in Europe between January and October 2014 via Sudan and Ethiopia, according to UNHCR.
• On average 1,000 refugees from South Sudan have been arriving in Sudan per week recently, UNHCR reports.
• SMoH and WHO report that 101 cases of hemorrhagic fever were registered in North Darfur and West Darfur since late August 2014.
• WFP to start a food voucher programme for an estimated 50,000 displaced people residing in Hamediya IDP camp, Central Darfur.
Drought in the Horn of Africa has left 12.4 million people in need of help. While international attention to the emergency has peaked in recent weeks, CERF funds have been addressing the crisis since rainfalls failed at the end of 2010. More than $94 million dollars has been allocated to drought-affected countries this year.