Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #9 – Reporting Period: September 2018
KHARTOUM – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today welcomed a contribution of €10 million (approximately US$11.1 million) from the Government of Germany to support nearly 350,000 people in the eastern Sudan state of Kassala.
WFP will use the funds to provide food assistance to more than 88,400 refugees, migrants and asylum seekers from Eritrea, Ethiopia and Somalia as well as members of their host communities, through general food distributions and food vouchers for one year.
Sudan - An IOM charter flight has flown 179 Eritrean, Ethiopian and Syrian refugees (42 families) from the Sudanese capital Khartoum to Kassel in Germany for resettlement.
Prior to departure, IOM Sudan provided health assessments and vaccinations for the refugees, who were living in refugee camps in the east of the country bordering Ethiopia and Eritrea.
They included Ethiopians who had lived in the camps since the 1980s and a Syrian family who arrived in 2014.
• Close to 37,000 Eritrean asylum seekers arrived in Europe between January and October 2014 via Sudan and Ethiopia, according to UNHCR.
• On average 1,000 refugees from South Sudan have been arriving in Sudan per week recently, UNHCR reports.
• SMoH and WHO report that 101 cases of hemorrhagic fever were registered in North Darfur and West Darfur since late August 2014.
• WFP to start a food voucher programme for an estimated 50,000 displaced people residing in Hamediya IDP camp, Central Darfur.