Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- UN Entities Support Ethiopia’s Quest for Policy Coherence for SDGs
- Ethiopia: 3W - Agriculture Cluster Ongoing Activities Map (as of November 2018)
- Ethiopia: 3W - WASH Cluster Ongoing and Planned Activities map (as of November 2018)
Mr. Amin Awad, MENA Bureau Director visited Egypt early December. During his visit, he met with government officials, toured the Zamalek registration centre and visited UNHCR projects in Alexandria.
Resettlement targets have been achieved with 1,579 Syrian individuals submitted to the regional hub, of which 829 individuals (53%) submitted to the USA. In addition to African and Iraq 2,077 individuals of which 1463 individuals (70%) submitted to the USA.
• Close to 37,000 Eritrean asylum seekers arrived in Europe between January and October 2014 via Sudan and Ethiopia, according to UNHCR.
• On average 1,000 refugees from South Sudan have been arriving in Sudan per week recently, UNHCR reports.
• SMoH and WHO report that 101 cases of hemorrhagic fever were registered in North Darfur and West Darfur since late August 2014.
• WFP to start a food voucher programme for an estimated 50,000 displaced people residing in Hamediya IDP camp, Central Darfur.
By Tesfa-Alem Tekle
August 24, 2014 (ADDIS ABABA) – Germany has contributed 750,000 euros to provide ongoing humanitarian assistance to hundreds of thousands of refugees in Ethiopia, mostly from South Sudan.
In a statement issued on Saturday, the German embassy said that the donation would go directly to support relief operations by the World Food Program (WFP), which had been facing a funds shortage.
The Green Growth Best Practice (GGBP) initiative has issued a new report to help governments transition their economies successfully to climate compatible development.
A new report launched today by the Green Growth Best Practice (GGBP) initiative, pulls together the many tangible benefits that governments and communities are realising through the adoption of green growth policies.
German funding for WFP-supported relief and safety-net programmes in Ethiopia is helping 1.6 million pastoralists and farmers living on the edge.
LIMMU BILBILU DISTRICT, ETHIOPIA - Ire Galato planted barley, maize and teff last year in her small, one-hectare plot in the rolling hills of central Ethiopia, in the country's Oromia region. The 45-year-old farmer and her family waited patiently for the rains to come to reap the results.