Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 67 | 29 October - 11 November 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15 - 28 October 2018
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Multi-Sectoral Intervention Vital to Accelerate Reduction of Stunting: Researchers
Sudan - An IOM charter flight has flown 179 Eritrean, Ethiopian and Syrian refugees (42 families) from the Sudanese capital Khartoum to Kassel in Germany for resettlement.
Prior to departure, IOM Sudan provided health assessments and vaccinations for the refugees, who were living in refugee camps in the east of the country bordering Ethiopia and Eritrea.
They included Ethiopians who had lived in the camps since the 1980s and a Syrian family who arrived in 2014.
UNHCR report confirms worldwide rise in forced displacement in first half of 2015
With almost a million people having crossed the Mediterranean as refugees and migrants so far this year, and conflicts in Syria and elsewhere continuing to generate staggering levels of human suffering, 2015 is likely to exceed all previous records for global forced displacement, UNHCR warned in a new report today.
Violent conflicts, terrorism, long-standing repressive regimes, chronic poverty and inequality have driven an unprecedented number of refugees and migrants to Europe. Those making the journey are assisted by an increasingly violent and opportunistic smuggling industry. Sustainable profits made by this industry have allowed transnational networks to develop where they previously did not exist, with serious implications for human security and state stability.
Chair’s Summary – Publication of the G7 Report on the Implementation of the G8 Declaration on Preventing Sexual Violence in Conflict
The Chair of the G7 has the honour to present the G7 Report on the Implementation of the G8 Declaration on Preventing Sexual Violence in Conflict.
Refugee emergency in Europe: UNHCR appeals for USD 128 million
Germany commits 750,000 Euros for the purpose of helping hundreds of thousands of refugees hosted in Ethiopia, announced the German Embassy to the press on August 22, 2015). In a statement released by the German Embassy, the donation would support relief operations by the World Food Program (WFP), which had been facing shortage of funds. It is announced that the funds will help ease food insecurity and reduce malnutrition rates, particularly among South Sudanese refugees, who continue to arrive in Ethiopia in large numbers, to improve their overall deprived health condition.
Mr. Amin Awad, MENA Bureau Director visited Egypt early December. During his visit, he met with government officials, toured the Zamalek registration centre and visited UNHCR projects in Alexandria.
Resettlement targets have been achieved with 1,579 Syrian individuals submitted to the regional hub, of which 829 individuals (53%) submitted to the USA. In addition to African and Iraq 2,077 individuals of which 1463 individuals (70%) submitted to the USA.