Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 72 | 7 - 20 January 2019
- Ethiopia – Inter-communal fighting in South Sudanese refugee camps (DG ECHO, DG ECHO partners) (ECHO Daily Flash of 21 January 2019)
- U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants Applauds Ethiopia’s New Refugee Law
Humanitarian need remains very high in many humanitarian crisis situations in Africa. Germany has therefore made an additional 8.2 million euros available for humanitarian relief projects run by UN organisations and NGOs in Africa.
Markus Löning, Federal Government Commissioner for Human Rights Policy and Humanitarian Aid, issued the following statement on the move:
Un nuevo informe de ACNUR destaca que el desplazamiento forzado es el mayor de los últimos 18 años
GINEBRA, Suiza, 19 de junio (ACNUR) – Según un informe publicado hoy por ACNUR, la Agencia de la ONU para los Refugiados, actualmente hay más refugiados o desplazados internos que en cualquier otro momento desde 1994i, después de que la crisis en Siria se haya convertido en un nuevo y el más importante factor en el desplazamiento global.
New UNHCR report says global forced displacement at an 18-year high
A report released today by UNHCR, the UN’s refugee agency, says that more people are refugees or internally displaced than at any time since 1994(1), with the crisis in Syria having emerged as a major new factor in global displacement.
Addis Ababa May 9/2013 Germany will further strengthen ongoing support through knowledge and technology transfer towards growth of Ethiopia's agricultural productivity, the Federal Minister of Agriculture of Germany, llse Aigner said.
A German-Ethiopian advanced training center with the Kulumsa Agricultural Research Center was inaugurated by Aigner and Agriculture State Minister Wondyirad Mandefro. The government of Germany allocated 2.7 million Euro budget for the center.
GinaAger Town February 18/2013. Safe water project constructed in GinaAger Town, North Shoa Zone of Amhara State by Menschen für Menschen, a humanitarian organization, with over 7.2 million Birr was inaugurated over the weekend. Zonal Chief, Eshete Asfaw and Ambassador of Germany to Ethiopia, Lieselore Cyrus inaugurated the facility constructed with the financial support of the government of Germany and also with participation of the public.
International donors have pledged over US$450 million to support an African force to fight Islamist militants in northern Mali. The pledges came at a donors conference held Tuesday (January 30th) in Addis Ababa to raise funds and logistics support for the African-led International Support Mission to Mali (AFISMA). Prior to the donors' conference, the AU's new chairperson, Ethiopian Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn, announced the AU Assembly's pledge to help stabilize Mali.
Addis Ababa January 10/2013 Germany has made available in 2012 additional 41.5 million Euro for the areas of food security, drought resilience and participatory forest management in Ethiopia, Embassy of Germany here said. According to a statement the Embassy sent to ENA, in addition one million Euro humanitarian assistance has been provided in the area of food assistance to Somali, Eritrean and Sudanese refugees in Ethiopia. The statement said the fund will be implemented by German and international development agencies.