Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- Plight of refugees in Ethiopia brought to the fore in UNFPA leadership visit
- Mass Arrests, ‘Brainwashing’ Threaten Ethiopia’s Reform Agenda
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
IN 2015, ACTION AGAINST HUNGER’S GLOBAL NETWORK SERVED 14.9 MILLION PEOPLE IN 47 COUNTRIES.
• During the first quarter of 2014, the global cereal price index decreased by 19% year-on-year, and slightly increased by 1% compared to the previous quarter.
• Nominal prices of maize (-31%), wheat (-8%) and rice (-23%) are significantly below a year ago due to strong supplies.
• Real prices2 of maize are up by 5% since the last quarter of 2013 given a surge in demand and high trade forecasts against comfortable stock levels after 2013 record crops.
El estado de la inseguridad alimentaria en el mundo 2009 es el 10.=BA informe de situación de la FAO sobre el hambre en el mundo desde la Cumbre Mundial sobre la Alimentación (CMA) de 1996. En el informe se destaca el hecho de que, incluso antes de que se produjeran la crisis alimentaria y la crisis económica, el n=FAmero de personas que padecían hambre había aumentado lenta pero constantemente.
Release No. 0358.99 FAS PR 0387-99 Andy Solomon (202) 720-4623 firstname.lastname@example.org Eric Van Chantfort (202) 720-9443 WASHINGTON, Sept. 10, 1999
Agriculture Secretary Dan Glickman today announced that the U.S. Department of Agriculture will ship approximately 8.5 million metric tons of U.S. commodities under fiscal 1999 food aid programs, more than five times last year's 1.6 million tons, and the largest tonnage in at least 25 years.
"American food aid helps relieve hunger and suffering around the world," said Glickman.