Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Ethiopia: Renewed influx of Eritrean refugees, 12th September to 13th October 2018
- UNICEF Horn of Africa Drought Situation as of September 2018
- Plight of refugees in Ethiopia brought to the fore in UNFPA leadership visit
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Refugee Girls Gain from Effort to Teach Life Skills
Release No. 0358.99 FAS PR 0387-99 Andy Solomon (202) 720-4623 firstname.lastname@example.org Eric Van Chantfort (202) 720-9443 WASHINGTON, Sept. 10, 1999
Agriculture Secretary Dan Glickman today announced that the U.S. Department of Agriculture will ship approximately 8.5 million metric tons of U.S. commodities under fiscal 1999 food aid programs, more than five times last year's 1.6 million tons, and the largest tonnage in at least 25 years.
"American food aid helps relieve hunger and suffering around the world," said Glickman.
Information available as of 15 August 1999 was used in preparing this report.