Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2019
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Multi-dimensional Child Deprivation in Ethiopia - First National Estimates
- Ethiopia: 3W - Agriculture Cluster Ongoing Activities Map (as of November 2018)
- Ethiopia: 2018 HDRP Funding Update (as of 15 January 2019)
- Ethiopia: 3W - WASH Cluster Ongoing and Planned Activities map (as of November 2018)
- Ethiopia: 3W - Education Cluster Ongoing and Planned Activities Map (as of November 2018)
The Global Appeal 2007
UNHCR's Global Appeal is published yearly to alert governmental and private sector donors, Executive Committee (ExCom) members and Standing Committee observers, Governments and their Permanent Missions in Geneva, the UN Secretariat, UN agencies, intergovernmental agencies, NGOs, regional organizations and other institutions and interested individuals to the plight of millions of refugees and others of concern to UNHCR.
Sixty-first General Assembly
18th & 19th Meetings (AM & PM)
Call for Assistance from International Community in Bolstering Fragile Peace Treaties, Securing Conditions for Long-Term Development
As readers will hopefully appreciate, FAO is presenting a new version of one of its longest standing regular reports, Food Outlook. The new Food Outlook is a modied version of the old one, changed in structure as well as in content and coverage. It will be a biannual publication focusing on developments affecting world markets for food and feed commodities.
En 2005, toute une série de catastrophes naturelles et de crises humanitaires ont touché la vie et le bien-être de millions d'enfants de par le monde. En Asie du Sud-Est, les enfants luttent pour surmonter les effets dévastateurs du tsunami. Dans la région du Sahel et en Afrique australe, des milliers d'enfants souffrent de la malnutrition. Au Niger, près de 200 000 enfants de moins de cinq ans malnutris ont été traités, alors que 300 000 autres demeurent à risque.
Jointly with General Assembly, Council Establishes Peacebuilding Commission to Advise on Post-Conflict Issues
The volume and scope of the Security Council’s activities increased in 2005 as the scale of peacekeeping operations reached a historic high, but in a late-year action to ease that burden, the Council, acting concurrently with the General Assembly, operationalized a major decision of the World Summit and established a Peacebuilding Commission to advise it on post-conflict situations.
The so-called "war on terror" as well as African civil conflicts have heightened the threat to minorities around the world, placing groups in Iraq and Sudan most at risk, according to a study released at United Nations Headquarters today.
Ethnic groups in Somalia, Afghanistan and Myanmar are also in the top five "Peoples under Threat 2006," in the first edition of The State of the World's Minorities compiled by the non-governmental organization (NGO) Minority Rights Group International (MRG), with the assistance of varied UN units.
"Many governments in …