Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- WFP Ethiopia: Food and Nutrition Assistance to Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in East and West Hararghe zones - September 2018
(Nairobi, 19th July 2018), At least 1 million people, the majority of whom being women and children are in need of urgent humanitarian assistance following recent inter-communal conflict in Ethiopia. Aid agencies in Ethiopia are appealing for critical and urgent assistance for close to a million people that have fled their homes following inter-communal violence along the border of the Southern Nations, Nationalities, and Peoples' (SNNPR) and Oromia Regions of Ethiopia.
THE IMPACT OF ETHIOPIA’S DROUGHT ON CHILDREN’S EDUCATION
A snapshot of the current situation
Nearly 6 million school children’s education could be affected by Ethiopia’s worst drought in 50 years.
The root cause of school dropout is food and water scarcity. If food and water is restored to schools, children will return.