Most read reports
- Report of the Secretary-General on the situation concerning Western Sahara (S/2018/889) [EN/AR]
- Western Sahara Represented by ‘Shadow Republic’, Says Petitioner as Fourth Committee Continues Decolonization Discussion
- Rising Unrest in Sahel Spells Need to Resolve Long-Standing Western Sahara Dispute, Say Delegates as Fourth Committee Concludes Decolonization Debate
- Secretary-General Welcomes Decision by Morocco, Frente POLISARIO, Algeria, Mauritania to Participate in Meeting on Western Sahara
- Western Sahara: MINURSO, September 2018
TSHWANE - The Government of the Republic of South Africa has noted with concern the alarming reports of human rights violations in Western Sahara. The main one being the 8 October 2009's arrest and placing before a military tribunal of seven Saharawi activists for making contact with Saharawis living in the Western Sahara Refugee Camps in Tindouf, Algeria.