Most read reports
- How the latest AU decision on Western Sahara could affect other crises
- Western Sahara Consultations
- Calling for Renewed Efforts to End Decades-old Western Sahara Conflict, Security Council Extends Mission, Adopting Resolution 2414 (2018)
- Report of the Secretary-General on the situation concerning Western Sahara (S/2018/277) [EN/AR]
- Note to Correspondents: Visit by the Secretary-General’s Personal Envoy for Western Sahara
The Italian Cooperation has approved a 200,000-euro voluntary emergency contribution to the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) to respond to the consequences of the flooding that has affected the Saharawi refugee camps in the Tindouf area of Algeria. Based on the available estimates, approximately 25,000 people are currently in dire need.
Rome, May 22, 2009 - "The Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs through the Directorate General for Cooperation and Development has contributed with a financial amount of 300.000 euros to WFP in response to urgent humanitarian assistance for the refugees in Algeria - Saharawi Region, following the project "PRRO 10172.2 Assistance to Western Saharan Refugees", in four camps of Tindouf.
The donation will cover needs identified by the WFP."
POC: Alessandro Pirrone - MoFA Rome - Emergency Office on +39 3691 8153
Rome December 22, 2008 - "The Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs through the Directorate General for Cooperation and Development has contributed with a financial amount of 254.332 euro to UNHCR in response to urgent humanitarian assistance for refugees camps in Algeria- Awserd, Daira Ein El Baida, Dara Bir Enziran and Dakhla, host Saharawi refugees, facing problems in water and hygiene sectors.
The donation will cover needs identified by UNHCR."
POC: Alessandro Pirrone - +39 06 3691 8153