Most read reports
- How the latest AU decision on Western Sahara could affect other crises
- Western Sahara Consultations
- Report of the Secretary-General on the situation concerning Western Sahara (S/2018/277) [EN/AR]
- Calling for Renewed Efforts to End Decades-old Western Sahara Conflict, Security Council Extends Mission, Adopting Resolution 2414 (2018)
- Note to Correspondents: Visit by the Secretary-General’s Personal Envoy for Western Sahara
On February 28, the Frente Popular para la Liberación de Saguia el-Hamra y de Río de Oro (POLISARIO) destroyed 1,506 anti-personnel mines in stockpiles. Stockpile destruction is internationally recognized as one of the pillars of mine action, hence the importance of this date for mine action in Western Sahara.