Most read reports
- Report of the Secretary-General on the situation concerning Western Sahara (S/2018/889) [EN/AR]
- Western Sahara Represented by ‘Shadow Republic’, Says Petitioner as Fourth Committee Continues Decolonization Discussion
- Security Council Adopts Resolution 2440 (2018), Authorizing Six-Month Extension for United Nations Mission for Referendum in Western Sahara
- Rising Unrest in Sahel Spells Need to Resolve Long-Standing Western Sahara Dispute, Say Delegates as Fourth Committee Concludes Decolonization Debate
- How the latest AU decision on Western Sahara could affect other crises
On February 28, the Frente Popular para la Liberación de Saguia el-Hamra y de Río de Oro (POLISARIO) destroyed 1,506 anti-personnel mines in stockpiles. Stockpile destruction is internationally recognized as one of the pillars of mine action, hence the importance of this date for mine action in Western Sahara.