Most read reports
- Report of the Secretary-General on the situation concerning Western Sahara (S/2018/889) [EN/AR]
- Western Sahara Represented by ‘Shadow Republic’, Says Petitioner as Fourth Committee Continues Decolonization Discussion
- Security Council Adopts Resolution 2440 (2018), Authorizing Six-Month Extension for United Nations Mission for Referendum in Western Sahara
- Rising Unrest in Sahel Spells Need to Resolve Long-Standing Western Sahara Dispute, Say Delegates as Fourth Committee Concludes Decolonization Debate
- How the latest AU decision on Western Sahara could affect other crises
Last month, refugee camps in Algeria in Layoun, Aussert, Smara, Boujdour, and Dahkla were hit by devastating floods after a week of torrential rain. Extensive damage has left refugees from Western Sahara, dangerously exposed. Handicap International launched an operation to assist the most vulnerable individuals.