Most read reports
- How the latest AU decision on Western Sahara could affect other crises
- Western Sahara Consultations
- Report of the Secretary-General on the situation concerning Western Sahara (S/2018/277) [EN/AR]
- Calling for Renewed Efforts to End Decades-old Western Sahara Conflict, Security Council Extends Mission, Adopting Resolution 2414 (2018)
- Western Sahara: MINURSO, January 2018
A. Situation analysis
Description of the disaster Heavy rains and flooding affected south-west Algeria's normally arid Tindouf region on 23 October 2015. The heavy rains caused widespread damage to five camps sheltering 90,000 of the most vulnerable Sahrawi refugees. Approximately 35,000 people were affected.
Summary of response
This update is issued after four months of operation and it aims to detail achievements to-date and a request for an exceptional no-cost extension due to severe delays in emergency shelter material procurement.
Summary of major revisions made to emergency plan of action:
Note: Map production date estimated.
Original map title: