Most read reports
- Security Council Press Statement on Western Sahara
- Report of the Secretary-General on the situation concerning Western Sahara (S/2018/889) [EN/AR]
- Final destruction of 2,485 stockpiled anti-personnel mines in Western Sahara
- Western Sahara Represented by ‘Shadow Republic’, Says Petitioner as Fourth Committee Continues Decolonization Discussion
- Rising Unrest in Sahel Spells Need to Resolve Long-Standing Western Sahara Dispute, Say Delegates as Fourth Committee Concludes Decolonization Debate
Civilians were majority of casualties from anti-vehicle mines in 2017
The Geneva International Centre for Humanitarian Demining (GICHD) and the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) have released a new global report of anti-vehicle mine incidents in 2017. The report records a 15 per cent increase in casualties from anti-vehicle mines in 2017, compared to 2016.