Most read reports
- Report of the Secretary-General on the situation concerning Western Sahara (S/2018/889) [EN/AR]
- Security Council Press Statement on Western Sahara
- Western Sahara Represented by ‘Shadow Republic’, Says Petitioner as Fourth Committee Continues Decolonization Discussion
- Final destruction of 2,485 stockpiled anti-personnel mines in Western Sahara
- Rising Unrest in Sahel Spells Need to Resolve Long-Standing Western Sahara Dispute, Say Delegates as Fourth Committee Concludes Decolonization Debate
Special Report by Claudia Hofmann and Ulrich Schneckener
Transnational nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) have developed strategies to improve the diffusion of and general adherence to international norms among nonstate armed actors, with the goal of persuading armed actors to adapt their behavior accordingly.
- The ongoing effort to use negotiations without preconditions to resolve - the conflict between Morocco and the Polisario Front over Western Sahara has not produced results. The April 6, 2010 report of the United Nations secretary-general to the U.N. Security Council admits that there has been no movement on the core substantive issues.
- The informal talks between the government of Morocco and the Polisario Front organized by Christopher Ross, current personal envoy to the U.N.