Most read reports
- Report of the Secretary-General on the situation concerning Western Sahara (S/2018/889) [EN/AR]
- Western Sahara Represented by ‘Shadow Republic’, Says Petitioner as Fourth Committee Continues Decolonization Discussion
- Rising Unrest in Sahel Spells Need to Resolve Long-Standing Western Sahara Dispute, Say Delegates as Fourth Committee Concludes Decolonization Debate
- Secretary-General Welcomes Decision by Morocco, Frente POLISARIO, Algeria, Mauritania to Participate in Meeting on Western Sahara
- Western Sahara: MINURSO, September 2018
Women often bear the brunt of poverty and human rights abuses; but as activists they use these roles to trigger positive social change. To mark World Human Rights Day, Amnesty International spoke to three women who put their lives on the line in defence of human rights.
Women are affected by poverty, violence and human rights violations more than men because of the discrimination they face the world over.