Most read reports
- How the latest AU decision on Western Sahara could affect other crises
- Western Sahara Consultations
- Report of the Secretary-General on the situation concerning Western Sahara (S/2018/277) [EN/AR]
- Calling for Renewed Efforts to End Decades-old Western Sahara Conflict, Security Council Extends Mission, Adopting Resolution 2414 (2018)
- Western Sahara: MINURSO, January 2018
Wednesday, 29 December 2010 15:21
Vicenç Fisas, Director of the School of Peace Culture, Universitat Aut=F2noma de Barcelona.
Confidence-building measures (CBM ) are those military actions, political, social, humanitarian, cultural, economic or diplomatic efforts to ease the tension between two opposing sides or opposing interests.
(Director of the School for a Culture of Peace, UAB)
It is a demonstrable fact that many conflicts in which peace processes are present experience in a standstill their negotiations. The years pass and the nature of the conflict remains the same without the mechanisms for dialogue producing any progress.