Most read reports
- Report of the Secretary-General on the situation concerning Western Sahara (S/2018/889) [EN/AR]
- Western Sahara Represented by ‘Shadow Republic’, Says Petitioner as Fourth Committee Continues Decolonization Discussion
- Security Council Adopts Resolution 2440 (2018), Authorizing Six-Month Extension for United Nations Mission for Referendum in Western Sahara
- Rising Unrest in Sahel Spells Need to Resolve Long-Standing Western Sahara Dispute, Say Delegates as Fourth Committee Concludes Decolonization Debate
- How the latest AU decision on Western Sahara could affect other crises
Wednesday, 29 December 2010 15:21
Vicenç Fisas, Director of the School of Peace Culture, Universitat Aut=F2noma de Barcelona.
Confidence-building measures (CBM ) are those military actions, political, social, humanitarian, cultural, economic or diplomatic efforts to ease the tension between two opposing sides or opposing interests.
(Director of the School for a Culture of Peace, UAB)
It is a demonstrable fact that many conflicts in which peace processes are present experience in a standstill their negotiations. The years pass and the nature of the conflict remains the same without the mechanisms for dialogue producing any progress.