Most read reports
- Western Sahara Represented by ‘Shadow Republic’, Says Petitioner as Fourth Committee Continues Decolonization Discussion
- Quatrième Commission: une lueur d’espoir se profile avec l’initiative des pourparlers de décembre de l’Envoyé spécial pour le Sahara occidental
- How the latest AU decision on Western Sahara could affect other crises
- Western Sahara Consultations
- Report of the Secretary-General on the situation concerning Western Sahara (S/2018/277) [EN/AR]
- Western Sahara is a disputed territory that was the cause of a ftifteen year war between Morocco and the Frente Polisario, in support of the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR). The dispute is currently without violence, but has existed as a stalemate since a peace plan was brokered in 1991.
- The stalemate exists because the two sides have not yet been able to agree to a format for the referendum that the plan calls for.