Most read reports
- Secretary-General Welcomes Decision by Morocco, Frente POLISARIO, Algeria, Mauritania to Participate in Meeting on Western Sahara
- Western Sahara: MINURSO, September 2018
- Report of the Secretary-General on the situation concerning Western Sahara (S/2018/889) [EN/AR]
- Western Sahara Represented by ‘Shadow Republic’, Says Petitioner as Fourth Committee Continues Decolonization Discussion
- Near verbatim transcript of the press stakeout of the Personal Envoy of the Secretary-General for Western Sahara - Initial Roundtable Meeting on Western Sahara, 6 December 2018
- Western Sahara is a disputed territory that was the cause of a ftifteen year war between Morocco and the Frente Polisario, in support of the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR). The dispute is currently without violence, but has existed as a stalemate since a peace plan was brokered in 1991.
- The stalemate exists because the two sides have not yet been able to agree to a format for the referendum that the plan calls for.