Most read reports
- Secretary-General Welcomes Decision by Morocco, Frente POLISARIO, Algeria, Mauritania to Participate in Meeting on Western Sahara
- Western Sahara: MINURSO, September 2018
- Report of the Secretary-General on the situation concerning Western Sahara (S/2018/889) [EN/AR]
- Western Sahara Represented by ‘Shadow Republic’, Says Petitioner as Fourth Committee Continues Decolonization Discussion
- Near verbatim transcript of the press stakeout of the Personal Envoy of the Secretary-General for Western Sahara - Initial Roundtable Meeting on Western Sahara, 6 December 2018
Overviews of international engagement in conflict-affected states typically focus on military peacekeeping and the economics of postconflict peacebuilding. This excludes an array of primarily civilian missions deployed by the United Nations (UN) as well as other multilateral institutions in countries and regions that are at risk of, experiencing or emerging from violence.
Women from civil society and senior UN leaders in conflict-affected countries participated in 25 dialogues on conflict resolution and peacebuilding in June, July and August 2010.