Most read reports
- Report of the Secretary-General on the situation concerning Western Sahara (S/2018/889) [EN/AR]
- Rapport du Secrétaire général sur la situation concernant le Sahara occidental (S/2018/889)
- Western Sahara Represented by ‘Shadow Republic’, Says Petitioner as Fourth Committee Continues Decolonization Discussion
- Rising Unrest in Sahel Spells Need to Resolve Long-Standing Western Sahara Dispute, Say Delegates as Fourth Committee Concludes Decolonization Debate
- Quatrième Commission: l’Algérie et le Maroc échangent leur point de vue sur le Sahara occidental
Overviews of international engagement in conflict-affected states typically focus on military peacekeeping and the economics of postconflict peacebuilding. This excludes an array of primarily civilian missions deployed by the United Nations (UN) as well as other multilateral institutions in countries and regions that are at risk of, experiencing or emerging from violence.
Women from civil society and senior UN leaders in conflict-affected countries participated in 25 dialogues on conflict resolution and peacebuilding in June, July and August 2010.