Most read reports
- How the latest AU decision on Western Sahara could affect other crises
- Western Sahara Consultations
- Calling for Renewed Efforts to End Decades-old Western Sahara Conflict, Security Council Extends Mission, Adopting Resolution 2414 (2018)
- Report of the Secretary-General on the situation concerning Western Sahara (S/2018/277) [EN/AR]
- Note to Correspondents: Visit by the Secretary-General’s Personal Envoy for Western Sahara
The UNHCR/WFP Joint Assessment Mission (JAM) visited the five camps (Awserd, Boujdour, Dakhla, El Aaiun and Smara) where it conducted focus group discussions, interviews with key Informants , household visits and visits to the settlements’ infrastructures.
Part I: Operational Requirements and Shortfalls
Overview of the 2008 Programme of Work
As the second semester of 2008 begins, the World Food Programme continues to focus its attention on the more than 81 million beneficiaries requiring food assistance. The total cost of 2008 activities is just over US$4.78 billion. Considering carry-over stocks and resources mobilized so far in 2008, and considering US$1 billion for prepositioning of food stocks for 2009, the total shortfall at this time of the year is US$2.71 billion.