Most read reports
- Secretary-General Welcomes Decision by Morocco, Frente POLISARIO, Algeria, Mauritania to Participate in Meeting on Western Sahara
- Western Sahara: MINURSO, September 2018
- Report of the Secretary-General on the situation concerning Western Sahara (S/2018/889) [EN/AR]
- Western Sahara Represented by ‘Shadow Republic’, Says Petitioner as Fourth Committee Continues Decolonization Discussion
- Near verbatim transcript of the press stakeout of the Personal Envoy of the Secretary-General for Western Sahara - Initial Roundtable Meeting on Western Sahara, 6 December 2018
Last month, refugee camps in Algeria in Layoun, Aussert, Smara, Boujdour, and Dahkla were hit by devastating floods after a week of torrential rain. Extensive damage has left refugees from Western Sahara, dangerously exposed. Handicap International launched an operation to assist the most vulnerable individuals.
The Italian Cooperation has approved a 200,000-euro voluntary emergency contribution to the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) to respond to the consequences of the flooding that has affected the Saharawi refugee camps in the Tindouf area of Algeria. Based on the available estimates, approximately 25,000 people are currently in dire need.
The activities proposed hereafter are still subject to the adoption of the financing decision ECHO/WWD/BUD/2015/01000
AMOUNT: EUR 13 000 000
0. PURPOSE OF THE AMENDMENT
May 2015 – Modification No. 1