Most read reports
- How the latest AU decision on Western Sahara could affect other crises
- Western Sahara Consultations
- Report of the Secretary-General on the situation concerning Western Sahara (S/2018/277) [EN/AR]
- Calling for Renewed Efforts to End Decades-old Western Sahara Conflict, Security Council Extends Mission, Adopting Resolution 2414 (2018)
- Note to Correspondents: Visit by the Secretary-General’s Personal Envoy for Western Sahara
The map below shows asylum applications by under age 18 year olds and gender. Darker colours mean more people have applied in a certain country. Use the slider to select a year or the drop down menus below to display data for different age groups or different home countries.
Next week, Mozambique, formerly one of the world’s most heavily mined countries, will formally declare it has completed mine clearance on its territory, the 29th country to do so since the 1990s. This leaves 60 countries and territories still contaminated according to Clearing the Mines, a review of mine action programmes around the world published today by Norwegian People’s Aid. The report’s authors have calculated that by 2020 another 20 countries should have completed mine clearance and the urgent humanitarian threat removed from the other 40.
El tercer trimestre de 2008 ha sido especialmente virulento en materia de desastres de componente natural. La temporada de huracanes en el Caribe ha sido muy dura y los monzones en Asia también han tenido efectos demoledores sobre las poblaciones vulnerables.