Most read reports
- Report of the Secretary-General on the situation concerning Western Sahara (S/2018/889) [EN/AR]
- Western Sahara Represented by ‘Shadow Republic’, Says Petitioner as Fourth Committee Continues Decolonization Discussion
- Security Council Adopts Resolution 2440 (2018), Authorizing Six-Month Extension for United Nations Mission for Referendum in Western Sahara
- Rising Unrest in Sahel Spells Need to Resolve Long-Standing Western Sahara Dispute, Say Delegates as Fourth Committee Concludes Decolonization Debate
- Le Conseil de sécurité proroge de six mois le mandat de la Mission des Nations Unies pour l’organisation d’un référendum au Sahara occidental - résolution 2440 (2018)
• In September, as part of the General Food Assistance, WFP distributed 125,000 rations consisting of 8 kg wheat flour, 2 kg rice, 1 kg pasta, 2 kg yellow split peas, 1kg CSB, 1kg sugar, 1litre of fortified vegetable oil. The ration was complemented with 1 kg of gofio (roasted maize meal), which is part of an in-kind donation from the Spanish region of Gran Canaria. The food basket reached a daily energy intake of 2,208 kcal/person, higher than the planned 2,100 kcal per day due to the inclusion of an additional commodity.
- 2,264 mt of food assistance distributed
- 2,228 kcal/person/day provided through the food basket
- US$ 5.3 m six months (September 2018 - February 2019) net funding requirements
- 125,000 people assisted in August 2018
ALGER - Le Programme alimentaire mondial des Nations Unies (PAM) a reçu une contribution du Gouvernement espagnol qui servira à fournir une aide alimentaire cruciale aux populations réfugiées du Sahara occidental en Algérie.
ALGIERS – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) welcomed a contribution from the Government of Spain that will be used to provide crucial food assistance to vulnerable refugees from Western Sahara residing in camps in Algeria.