Most read reports
- How the latest AU decision on Western Sahara could affect other crises
- Western Sahara Consultations
- Report of the Secretary-General on the situation concerning Western Sahara (S/2018/277) [EN/AR]
- Calling for Renewed Efforts to End Decades-old Western Sahara Conflict, Security Council Extends Mission, Adopting Resolution 2414 (2018)
- Report of the Secretary-General on the situation concerning Western Sahara (S/2017/307) [EN/AR]
ALGER - Le Programme alimentaire mondial des Nations Unies (PAM) salue la contribution de 1 million de dollars américains des États-Unis pour le soutien des réfugiés vulnérables venus du Sahara occidental. Le PAM utilisera ces fonds pour fournir des aliments de base à des milliers de familles réfugiées dans le cadre de son programme humanitaire.
ALGIERS – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today welcomed a US$1 million contribution from the United States to support vulnerable refugees from Western Sahara in Algeria. WFP will use the funds to provide staple food items as part of monthly food rations for thousands of refugee families.
In response to catastrophic flooding in the Sahrawi refugee camps in Tindouf, Algeria, the United States announces a contribution of more than $4 million in humanitarian assistance to help meet the acute needs of Sahrawi refugees. This new contribution includes support for the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees, the World Food Program, and the UN Children’s Fund. These funds will be used to support the reconstruction of shelters, schools, and health clinics. They will also help replace food rations that were destroyed by the flooding.