Most read reports
- Report of the Secretary-General on the situation concerning Western Sahara (S/2018/889) [EN/AR]
- Western Sahara Represented by ‘Shadow Republic’, Says Petitioner as Fourth Committee Continues Decolonization Discussion
- Rising Unrest in Sahel Spells Need to Resolve Long-Standing Western Sahara Dispute, Say Delegates as Fourth Committee Concludes Decolonization Debate
- Secretary-General Welcomes Decision by Morocco, Frente POLISARIO, Algeria, Mauritania to Participate in Meeting on Western Sahara
- Western Sahara: MINURSO, September 2018
2349,424 mt of food assistance distributed
2,225 kcal/person/day provided through the general food basket
US$ 5.5 m six months (December 2018 – May 2019) net funding requirements
125,000 people assisted in October 2018
• In September, as part of the General Food Assistance, WFP distributed 125,000 rations consisting of 8 kg wheat flour, 2 kg rice, 1 kg pasta, 2 kg yellow split peas, 1kg CSB, 1kg sugar, 1litre of fortified vegetable oil. The ration was complemented with 1 kg of gofio (roasted maize meal), which is part of an in-kind donation from the Spanish region of Gran Canaria. The food basket reached a daily energy intake of 2,208 kcal/person, higher than the planned 2,100 kcal per day due to the inclusion of an additional commodity.
Cyclone Luban approaches southern Arabian Peninsula
Le cyclone Luban s’approche du sud de la péninsule Arabique
Situation générale en septembre 2018
Prévision jusqu'à mi-novembre 2018
RÉGION OCCIDENTALE: CALME
SITUATION. Une reproduction à petite échelle était en cours en Mauritanie, au Niger et au Tchad, et probablement aussi dans le nord du Mali. Une reproduction locale s'est poursuivie dans le centre de l'Algérie où des opérations de lutte limitées ont été réalisées.
- 2,264 mt of food assistance distributed
- 2,228 kcal/person/day provided through the food basket
- US$ 5.3 m six months (September 2018 - February 2019) net funding requirements
- 125,000 people assisted in August 2018
ALGIERS – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) received a contribution of dates from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia worth US$1.5 million to support refugees residing in camps in Algeria.
For several years, Saudi Arabia has donated dates – which enhance the nutritional value of WFP food assistance – for distribution in refugee camps in Algeria. The most recent contribution of more than 700 metric tons is three times larger than contributions made in previous years, and comes at a critical time when monthly food assistance has been reduced.
Algeria has been hosting refugees from Western Sahara since 1975. These refugees are in camps in the harsh, isolated desert environment.
Algeria has been hosting refugees from Western Sahara since 1975. These refugees are in camps in the harsh, isolated desert environment of western Algeria, where opportunities for self-reliance are limited, forcing them to depend on humanitarian assistance for their survival.
Global Overview MAY 2018
Global Overview APRIL 2018
Geneva, Thursday 15 March 2018
Humanitarian access has deteriorated in seven countries over the past six months, according to the Humanitarian Access Overview report released today by ACAPS.
Out of the 37 countries included in the report, nearly half of them (18) are currently facing high humanitarian access constraints. Moderate humanitarian access constraints are an issue in nine countries and ten present low humanitarian access constraints.
Human Rights Council AFTERNOON
27 February 2018
The Human Rights Council this afternoon heard statements from dignitaries of 11 countries and two organizations and closed the second day of its high-level segment.
Edward Nalbandian, Minister for Foreign Affairs of Armenia, said Armenia continued to implement the national plan of action for human rights protection, had a good record of submission of national and follow-up reports to the treaty bodies, and would submit the Universal Periodic Review second mid-term report on a voluntary basis.
Our methodology uses 9 indicators, grouped under 3 categories:
Access of humanitarian actors to affected population
Access of people in need to humanitarian aid
Security and physical constraints Each category is measured through proxy indicators, such as violence against personnel, denial of needs, or active hostilities.
Data is collected at the country level and may therefore not show disparities between sub-regions.
Situation Generale en mai 2017
Prevision jusqu'a'mi-juillet 2017
Situation Générale en mars 2017
Prévision jusqu'à’mi-mai 2017
Situation Générale en février 2017
Prévision jusqu'à’mi-avril 2017