Most read reports
- Report of the Secretary-General on the situation concerning Western Sahara (S/2018/889) [EN/AR]
- Western Sahara Represented by ‘Shadow Republic’, Says Petitioner as Fourth Committee Continues Decolonization Discussion
- Security Council Adopts Resolution 2440 (2018), Authorizing Six-Month Extension for United Nations Mission for Referendum in Western Sahara
- Rising Unrest in Sahel Spells Need to Resolve Long-Standing Western Sahara Dispute, Say Delegates as Fourth Committee Concludes Decolonization Debate
- How the latest AU decision on Western Sahara could affect other crises
I. Candidate countries and potential candidates
Le Conseil de Paix et de sécurité (CPS) de l'Union africaine (UA), à sa 558ème réunion tenue le 19 Novembre 2015, a tenu une session publique, consacrée au thème: «L'impact d’El Nino sur la paix, la sécurité et la stabilité en Afrique et les conséquences humanitaires ».
Slow start to rainy season in southern Africa, flooding risks remain in Guatemala, Somalia, and Ethiopia
Africa Weather Hazards
Persistently below average rainfall since August over several bimodal areas of Côte d’Ivoire,
Ghana, Togo, Benin, and Nigeria has led to an increase in moisture deficits and a degradation of ground conditions, resulting in drought.
Dryness worsens in Ethiopia and coastal West Africa
Africa Weather Hazards
Below-average rainfall over several bimodal areas of Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Togo, Benin, and Nigeria has led to a rapid increase in moisture deficits and a degradation of ground conditions. Reduced rainfall is expected during in the region during lateSeptember.
THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION,
Having regard to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
Having regard to Council Regulation (EC) No 1257/96 of 20 June 1996 concerning humanitarian aid ("the Humanitarian Aid Regulation"), and in particular Article 2, notably 2 (c), Article 4 and Article 15(2) and (3) thereof,
Instead of the usual depiction of conflicts as countrywide and defined by national boundaries, this map displays distinct conflict-affected areas in Africa as sub-national and transnational pockets of insecurity, violence, and armed aggression. Areas of conflict were drawn around locations of reported conflict incidents in 2007 and 2008, as well as concentrations of internally displaced persons and cross-border rebel bases and refugee camps in neighboring countries.