Most read reports
- Rising Unrest in Sahel Spells Need to Resolve Long-Standing Western Sahara Dispute, Say Delegates as Fourth Committee Concludes Decolonization Debate
- Western Sahara Represented by ‘Shadow Republic’, Says Petitioner as Fourth Committee Continues Decolonization Discussion
- Quatrième Commission: l’Algérie et le Maroc échangent leur point de vue sur le Sahara occidental
- Quatrième Commission: une lueur d’espoir se profile avec l’initiative des pourparlers de décembre de l’Envoyé spécial pour le Sahara occidental
- How the latest AU decision on Western Sahara could affect other crises
Global Overview JULY 2018
Global Overview JUNE 2018
Global Overview MAY 2018
Global Overview APRIL 2018
Poland will hold the presidency of the Council in May. An open debate on the Council’s role in upholding international law is planned, to be chaired by the country’s President Andrzej Duda, with Secretary-General António Guterres expected to brief. A ministerial-level open debate on the protection of civilians in armed conflict is also expected, with Polish Minister for Foreign Affairs Jacek Czaputowicz presiding and briefers including Guterres and Director-General of the ICRC Yves Daccord.
Situation Generale en mai 2017
Prevision jusqu'a'mi-juillet 2017
Situation Générale en mars 2017
Prévision jusqu'à’mi-mai 2017
Missing Migrants Project traque les décès des migrants, y compris les réfugiés, qui parcourent des itinéraires de migration mixte dans le monde.
Cette carte montre les différentes routes de transit au Niger. #MissingMigrants
Missing Migrants Project tracks fatalities of migrants, including refugees, traveling along mixed migration routes around the world.
This map shows the different transit routes in Niger. #MissingMigrants.
The map below shows asylum applications by under age 18 year olds and gender. Darker colours mean more people have applied in a certain country. Use the slider to select a year or the drop down menus below to display data for different age groups or different home countries.
Global Overview NOVEMBER 2016
Global Overview OCTOBER 2016
CrisisWatch is a monthly early warning bulletin designed to provide a regular update on the state of the most significant situations of conflict around the world.
Global Overview, August 2016
Dans ce numéro
In this issue
Special focus: 27th AU Summit, Kigali Women’s rights and the African Union Commission (AUC) elections top the agenda of the AU summit from 10–18 July 2016
Candidates for the position of AUC chairperson are campaigning in the run-up to the elections.
The chairperson of the AUC has over the years taken on more and more responsibility to drive change in Africa.
In the first six months of 2016 the Peace and Security Council (PSC) had a lot on its plate. A brief overview of the crises and PSC decisions in this period reveals the complexity of the council’s work.