Most read reports
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- The Ministry of Health Eritrea launches the National Measles Rubella Vaccination and vitamin A supplementation campaign for children under 15
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Unanimously Adopting Resolution 2444 (2018), Security Council Lifts Sanctions on Eritrea, Renews Arms Embargo against Somalia
Slovakia - IOM announced today that over 1,000 refugees have been resettled through Slovakia’s emergency transit facility to the USA, Canada and Norway since 2009.
On Tuesday (17/01), 23 refugees departed from Slovakia and arrived safely in the US, bringing the number of refugees resettled from Slovakia’s Emergency Transit Centre (ETC) in Humenne in other countries to 1,019, with 978 resettled in the United States.
ASMARA, Eritrea, May 2 (UNHCR) – A group of 37 Somali refugees arrived in Slovakia from Eritrea on April 14 on their way for eventual resettlement in the United States, with the help of UNHCR, the Office of Refugee Affairs (ORA) and the International Organization of Migration (IOM).
The group takes the total of Somali refugees relocated this year to 281. They include 132 to Australia, 58 to Slovakia and 54 to Canada.