Most read reports
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Security Council Press Statement on Developments in Horn of Africa Region
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
by Jeff Otieno
Nairobi, Oct 18, 2006 (The Nation/All Africa Global Media via COMTEX) --Kenya has ordered an emergency polio immunisation campaign at all refugee camps.
The action follows the detection of the first case of the disease in Kenya in 22 years at Daadab camp.
Immunisation will also be carried out in Garissa, Wajir, Ijara, Mandera and Moyale districts, among other places.
Charles Cobb Jr., Washington, DC