Most read reports
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Ethiopia, Eritrea Reopen Border Crossing
- Through Regional Diplomacy, Eritrea Normalizes Ties with Djibouti
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
From the editors
Europe is experiencing the mass movements of displaced people in a way that it has largely been immune from for decades. The manifestations of the ‘migration crisis’ are as disparate as the building of fences to stop people crossing normally peaceful borders, the deaths of people transported by smugglers in unseaworthy boats, EU political leaders bickering over a Common European Asylum System and the numbers they will or will not allow into their respective countries, and contentious responses to the disaster that continues to unfold in Syria.