Most read reports
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- The Ministry of Health Eritrea launches the National Measles Rubella Vaccination and vitamin A supplementation campaign for children under 15
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Unanimously Adopting Resolution 2444 (2018), Security Council Lifts Sanctions on Eritrea, Renews Arms Embargo against Somalia
Author: Zachary Laub, Online Writer/Editor
Tens of thousands of Eritreans have arrived at Europe's shores in recent years seeking asylum. They make up a significant share of the unprecedented stream of migrants and refugees making their way to the European Union, undertaking dangerous journeys while challenging the bloc to find a collective response consistent with refugee law.