Most read reports
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Security Council Press Statement on Developments in Horn of Africa Region
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
Author: Zachary Laub, Online Writer/Editor
Tens of thousands of Eritreans have arrived at Europe's shores in recent years seeking asylum. They make up a significant share of the unprecedented stream of migrants and refugees making their way to the European Union, undertaking dangerous journeys while challenging the bloc to find a collective response consistent with refugee law.