Most read reports
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Ethiopia, Eritrea Reopen Border Crossing
- Through Regional Diplomacy, Eritrea Normalizes Ties with Djibouti
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
Dereje Wordofa, Regional Director for Africa,
Pretoria, South Africa [May 31] -The American Friends Service Committee (AFSC), a Quaker peace and social justice organization, continues to build on its 90-year history of humanitarian work by sending a needs assessment team to the Horn of Africa to evaluate the growing humanitarian crisis that affects Somalia and surrounding countries. The delegation will visit the border countries of Kenya, Djibouti, Ethiopia, and Eritrea - areas critically touched by the refugee crisis.
The UN has reports about one million people have been displaced …
Graphs and charts never tell the human story in all of its richness. For convenience, AFSC divides its work into fixed thematic and geographic categories, but we remain mindful of an overarching goal. William Penn encouraged his readers "to try what Love will do." Our aim is to be love at work in the world.