Most read reports
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- The Ministry of Health Eritrea launches the National Measles Rubella Vaccination and vitamin A supplementation campaign for children under 15
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
Dereje Wordofa, Regional Director for Africa,
Pretoria, South Africa [May 31] -The American Friends Service Committee (AFSC), a Quaker peace and social justice organization, continues to build on its 90-year history of humanitarian work by sending a needs assessment team to the Horn of Africa to evaluate the growing humanitarian crisis that affects Somalia and surrounding countries. The delegation will visit the border countries of Kenya, Djibouti, Ethiopia, and Eritrea - areas critically touched by the refugee crisis.
The UN has reports about one million people have been displaced …
Graphs and charts never tell the human story in all of its richness. For convenience, AFSC divides its work into fixed thematic and geographic categories, but we remain mindful of an overarching goal. William Penn encouraged his readers "to try what Love will do." Our aim is to be love at work in the world.