Most read reports
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- The Ministry of Health Eritrea launches the National Measles Rubella Vaccination and vitamin A supplementation campaign for children under 15
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Unanimously Adopting Resolution 2444 (2018), Security Council Lifts Sanctions on Eritrea, Renews Arms Embargo against Somalia
by Ted Yamamori
President of Food for the Hungry
Hunger and famine are beyond the comprehension of most of us. In countries like ours, it's a simple process; you're hungry so you eat. But what if there is no food in your home, or even in your community?
That's what people in eastern Africa are experiencing now. More than 16 million people are at risk of starvation in the horn of Africa. About 70 percent of those are women and children.