Most read reports
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Security Council Press Statement on Developments in Horn of Africa Region
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
by Ted Yamamori
President of Food for the Hungry
Hunger and famine are beyond the comprehension of most of us. In countries like ours, it's a simple process; you're hungry so you eat. But what if there is no food in your home, or even in your community?
That's what people in eastern Africa are experiencing now. More than 16 million people are at risk of starvation in the horn of Africa. About 70 percent of those are women and children.