Most read reports
- Eritrea: Peace deal could offer hope for reforms, including three key steps, says UN expert
- Security Council Press Statement on Developments in Horn of Africa Region
- Déclaration à la presse faite par le Conseil de sécurité sur l’évolution de la situation dans la région de la Corne de l’Afrique
- Can improved Ethiopia-Eritrea relations stabilise the region?
- Along with Peace, Eritreans Need Repression to End
The emergency situation in the Horn of Africa is currently the worst in the world, affecting over 13 million people in 5 different countries.
“This crisis exists on several fronts, affecting food, nutrition, sanitation, security, economics, agriculture and pastures. It affects local populations, refugees and internally displaced people,” lamented the Minister for Development Cooperation, Olivier Chastel.