Most read reports
- Eritrea: Human rights central to brighter future, says expert
- Somalia and Eritrea: Security Council to Lift Sanctions on Eritrea
- Unanimously Adopting Resolution 2444 (2018), Security Council Lifts Sanctions on Eritrea, Renews Arms Embargo against Somalia
- Thousands of families reunited one month after Ethiopia–Eritrea border reopens
- UN Security Council Lifts Arms Embargo on Eritrea
13th November 2015
Appeal Target: US$ 2,522,636.
ACT Alliance, through its members in Greece, Hungary and Serbia started to provide humanitarian assistance before the first appeal was issued in September 2015. Due to the fast-growing numbers of refugees and migrants and subsequently their needs, along with the rapidly changing situation along the Balkan route and the approaching winter in Europe, both implementing and donor members called for a revision of the ACT EUR151 Appeal.
A BIG HAND FOR EQUALITY
Gender equality is central to meeting the needs of the worlds poorest and most vulnerable people – men and women alike – concludes a new ACT Alliance report launched to mark International Women’s Day on March 8.
“Clapping with Both Hands: 15 Studies of Good Practice in Promoting Gender Equality” celebrates innovative ACT programmes championed by brave women and men in 13 countries – from Guatemala to Indonesia, Mozambique to Nepal – that have enhanced the voice of women in workplaces, government and society at large.